This is another recipe that the wonderful Giada from the FoodNetwork created, and I simply love it! Because it is oh so simply simple :), simply put. Hehe, okay enough fun, here is the recipe. This is great for a quick meal and the chicken is so juicy and tender. Enjoy!
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5-8 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10-12 chicken drumsticks
- A handful of toasted sesame seeds
Here’s what to do:
- Combine the balsamic, honey, brown sugar, rosemary sprigs, and garlic cloves in a large, re-sealable plastic bag. Shake the contents around to combine. Add the drumsticks, and seal with as little air possible. Place in the fridge and marinate over night (or at least two hours, overnight is best though)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Place the drumsticks on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until the skin is getting dark, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring the marinade to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until thick, about 15 minutes.
- Using a brush, brush some of the thick marinade on the cooked chicken. Place chicken on a serving platter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.