Just a simple, delicious meatless entree. That’s how I view this recipe! Very simple, yet you can add whatever you like to it. We have been working on including more beans and less meat in our diet, and this is one recipe that is a keeper for us. Have fun experimenting and don’t forget to taste-test along the way!
Black Bean and Rice Burritos
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup brown rice, cooked and ready to use
1 bag dry black beans, rinsed and cooked and ready to use
2 cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained completely
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped finely
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. sriracha sauce (optional, it adds more spice to the blend)
Good quality salsa, however much you like
Guacamole, however much you like
Sour cream, however much you like
Optional but not required:
– Minced garlic, sautéed
– Diced bell peppers, sautéed
– Diced onion, sautéed
– Chopped lettuce
1. In a large skillet, add the black beans, rice, cilantro, seasonings, sriracha sauce, and tomatoes. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes to heat through, stirring well. Make sure to taste-test here and see if you need to add more or less of anything!
2. Heat up a few flour tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds on a plate lined with a paper-towel.
3. Mix sour cream and salsa together in a bowl. Taking one flour tortilla at a time, smooth over a dollop of the sour cream mixture, then add a scoop of the bean mixture, and then top with cheese.
4. Roll up into a burrito and serve with guacamole!