For the Coconut Chicken
- 10 chicken tenderloins
- 1-12 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Mixed baby greens, for your salad
For the Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
1. Whisk all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl, set aside. (personal note on this, I eye-ball all of my ingredients and rarely ever measure, so this is my best estimate of how much to use, please feel free to adjust to your taste)
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Combine shredded coconut and panko in a bowl.
4. Dip chicken in the beaten egg mixture, then in the coconut mixture. Place chicken on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Place salad greens on plate to your liking. Drizzle a little bit of the vinaigrette and mix the salad so the dressing is evenly distributed.
7. When chicken is ready, slice on a diagonal and place on top of the greens . Heat up the vinaigrette for a few seconds and drizzle on top of the chicken.